Friday, December 24, 2010

Latest projects

Pin It I have been sewing a lot of aprons lately. I teach adults how to build large commercial airplanes. I teach them how to seal fuel cells (wings and stub) and body/corrosion protection seal. The seal is a dark grey color and impossible to get out of clothing. So, to protect my clothes and so I have pockets to put my phone and other items in, I wear an apron.  Here are my first few aprons.

First apron, black and charcoal grey swirl design
McCalls 2947 view H, but the pocket is sewn flat with three compartments.

Second Apron and my favorite.  For some reason animal prints just make me happy. So does the color yellow :-).  Same pattern as before.  McCalls 2947, View H. Pocket sewn flat with 3 compartments.


Cobblers Apron. Red with little black airplanes. I like the fabric but I'm not liking the apron. The apron is a little too frumpy. The neck is too high and has a weird fold. I like the pockets and the fabric, I think I'll have get more fabric and make it from the McCalls pattern. This apron is Simplicity 4282, View C.




I have the next 11 days off work. Yay!! My plan is to tidy up my sewing room / shop (maybe, if I don't get lazy) and sew, sew, sew. I was digging through some of my fabric stash and found a lot that I can use over the holiday to make a couple of things.

My embarrassingly messy shop. Back right side is my Singer 401A. I actually have two of these machines. One for home and one for sewing classes. Best machine EVER.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...