Front view. Notice the flappy bits on the side which are the parts I need to get the guts to cut off.
Side view. Here is my dilemma, if I just cut the flappy extra bits off, I end up with a teeny tiny arm hole.
So, instead of confronting my fears about ruining the shirt project, I instead went on to something else that I knew would be easy. Okay, that and watched hours of Jerseylicious to avoid working on the shirt. So, I made another apron for work. This time in a red rose pattern. McCall's 2947.
Pocket on front with 3 compartments. Two outer compartments shown by black handle (my expandable magnet tool for finding pins on floor) and the other by the scrap of pink fabric.
The beige straps that show under the apron are bra straps. In order to make Ruby Blue (my dressform) the right size for my under the bust measurement, I had to add "padding" to her bust.
So, to avoid the shirt today, I am going to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Pacific Science Center with my son, Ruben (8 years old), my friend Debbie, and her daughter Christie (18 years old). It should be fun. Debbie and Christie are HUGE fans of Harry Potter.