Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Dance, Happy Dance.

Pin It I have followers! Happy Dance, Happy Dance. Okay. Enough of that silliness.

It snowed overnight, so I took the opportunity to fearfully not drive into work. Yes, I know I have a four-wheel drive. It was a convenient excuse (and I'm sticking to it) and I got a lot done at home instead. I traded ironing some of Mr. K2's shirts for him taking the 8 year old outside to play in the snow before the rain washed it all away. Good trade I think. I hate getting cold. And he only had two shirts to be ironed and I had six of my own to iron anyways. Shhhh. Don't tell him. He thinks he got a good deal.

I finished another apron for work. This time in green and brown with butterflies. This makes four work aprons, if we don't count the frumpy red monstrosity that I refuse to wear again. I'm seeing a blue apron in my future since it is one of the few colors I don't have an apron for yet. As always, it has a large three compartment pocket on the front so I have somewhere to store my phone and inspection stamp at work. Pattern is McCalls 2947 .


I also worked on a WWII apron pattern that I've had sitting around for a little while.



It is a Capper's Weekly mailorder pattern I picked up on Ebay a while ago.



I assume it is WWII because of the text across the top of the instruction sheet.



I need to add the back ties, buttonholes on the shoulder straps, buttons, and sew the strawberry shaped pocket on. I think it's pretty cute though. And in my favorite colors of blue and yellow too. Okay, I admit it. I'm a bit of a pre-schooler in my color preferences. I love all the primary colors.



As soon as I get the back ties, buttons and buttonholes done I will post a modeling picture of this apron. Probably this weekend when I can get Mr. K2 to take the pictures instead of trying to do it myself in a mirror.

Lastly, I finished the second block from last months Block of the Month class. I didn't finish in time for class, but luckily, they don't ask to see both blocks. So, I cheated by only showing the one block I finished on top of another block from a previous month.


Too bad the snow is all gone or I could get this month's blocks done tomorrow. Oh well, that's what weekends are for I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...